Automation Anywhere Website Redesign 2023
Given the responsibility to revamp the online identity of an enterprise-level software company is a stimulating challenge. This project, in particular, required collaboration with numerous stakeholders, departments, and technical teams to initiate. I assumed a leadership role in shaping the fresh creative direction for this growing Forbes Top 100 Cloud company.
- Edward Margallo
- Gurpreet Singh
- Hermanpreet Singh
- AAI WCS Team
- AAI Creative Team
- Principal UI Designer
- Design Systems Evangelist
- Co-managing Web Strategy
- Co-managing Stakeholder Meetings
- Marketing Leaders and CMO
- Product Marketing Managers
- Regional/Global Managers
- Web Development Team
- In-house Brand/Creative Team
- Sub-domain Owners
- CRO and SEO
Planning & Wireframing
Research & Analysis
- Historical Analytics
- Competitive Analysis
- Industry best-practices (marketing focused)
- Interviews with stakeholders
Brainstorming & Wireframing
- Internal "design jam" with senior designers and in-house creative team
- User journey mapping
- Determining best page flow for consumption
- Crafting component variations for certain use-cases
- Feedback from SEO and CRO for best-practices
Design & Prototyping
While the website redesign presented a substantial challenge, as a design lead, I had confidence in our execution and delivery capabilities. This assurance stemmed from our development of a design system that significantly streamlined our design process and approach. Moreover, consistently sharing ideas and progress updates with all creative stakeholders throughout the journey ensured alignment and mutual understanding.
Common content blocks had pre-built variants to choose from, which allowed for presentation flexibility.
For faster page building and consistency, we templatized the most common sections. This allowed PMMs to more easily plan for the future.
Most top-level layouts and MVP pages were built with responsive design frames. Aiding not only PMMs, but the development team as well.
I took lead and made it a priority for our company's sub domain properties to adopt the new design system. My main role was to evangelize the system and provide any UI/UX support that was needed. I managed senior designers during the adoption.
Feedback & Iteration
- As new content docs and requirements were rolling in, WCS team made sure to stay in sync with the strategy of "hot" pages
- Sub-domain owners and key development team members provided direct feedback on usage and areas of improvement for use cases
- Reporting back to the development team for updates to the design system, updates to sections or net new pages.
Updates & Evolution
- New designs in the pipeline: Customer Stories, Blogs, Asset Library and Events & Webinars
- Continued experimentation with Conversion Rate methods and Call to Action approaches
- Continued monthly support for sub-domain redesign projects